2012 Varsity Girls Golf
Coach: Lauren Cate
Have fun and enjoy being on the Creekside Girls Team
Be early…ready to start practice 5 minutes prior to practice beginning.
Cell phones, I pods, and other electronic devices should be off and out of sight during practices and at matches.
Always respect your self, coaches, teammates, opponents, all golf course employees, golf shop staff, and the golf course.
Good Sportsmanship and positive attitude is always required.
Dress in appropriate golf attire for matches, practices, and anytime you are on a golf course or at a range facility. Flips flops, short shorts, and jeans are never appropriate. For ladies, short sleeve shirts may or may not have collars. Sleeveless shirts must have collars.
Your actions, both verbal and non-verbal reflect you, your family, your school and your coaches. As an athlete, you automatically are held to a higher standard and accept the responsibility of being a role model to your peers and to all people younger and older than yourself.
Regular practice with instruction is key for golf improvement. Therefore:
1. Prior approval is required before missing practice or a match. You are personally responsible to contact your coach if you are unable to attend in advance.
2. Unexcused absence from practice will drop that player from the roster until next practice is attended.
3. Two unexcused missed practices will drop that player from the team.
4. Three unexcused absences will drop that player from the roster.
Team Match Policies:
1. Maintain a positive attitude and promote sportsmanship at all times. Coaches will DQ any Creekside HS player who displays unsportsmanlike conduct anytime during a match. This includes throwing or pounding club onto the ground, profanity, or any other conduct that reflects unsportsmanlike conduct.
1. Players are to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to match time.
2. Be proud of yourself and golf team and wear team shirt to school all day on tournament / match day.
My role during the season is:
-to provide playing opportunities and ensure the safety of all players.
-to oversee the transportation of players to matches and to the State Series.
-to encourage each member of the team and help them with their individual practice plans.
-to report player’s scores and maintain records for the season.
-to provide information for additional playing opportunities.
-to assist players in developing their academic goals, scholarship applications, etc.
Team Varsity Golf Letter Requirements:
1. Maintain St. John’s County School Board/Creekside HS minimum eligibility standards throughout season.
2. Attend all scheduled golf practices and matches with a positive attitude.
3. Demonstrate a good understanding for the Rules of Golf.
4. Wear golf uniform shirt to school all day on match days.
5. Demonstrate exceptional behavior and conduct on and off of the course
6. Return all team equipment within one week of last match to the coach.
7. Write thank you notes to host golf facilities and to sponsor of donations to the team